Sunday, May 22, 2011

Quick Broccoli Salad

I just submitted my recipe for Quick Broccoli Salad to the Real Women of Philadelphia contest!  I make a fool of myself yet again on camera as I video myself preparing this recipe.  I think Mike's favorite part is the 'shake shake shake!'

This is a remake of my moms Broccoli Salad, by adding dill cream cheese, cherry tomatoes, and goat cheese! YUMM!  It is seriously delicious, and by using pre-packaged ingredients like already washed and cut up broccoli and real bacon bits, it speeds up the prep time to five minutes!  I like to serve this as a side dish with anything BBQ'd: steak, pork chops, burgers, hot dogs, you name it!

Quick Broccoli Salad

4 cups broccoli, chopped into bite size pieces
1/4 cup Dill Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1/4 cup Kraft Coleslaw Dressing
1/3 cup chopped bacon (ready made)
1/3 cup goat cheese
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes

1. Soften cream cheese in microwave safe bowl - about 20 seconds.
2. Mix together cream cheese and coleslaw dressing.
3. Wash broccoli and tomatoes and add to a large bowl that has a lid.
4. Top with bacon and dressing.
5. Roughly chop the goat cheese and add on top of broccoli mixture.
6. Stir to spread it around.
7. Cover with lid, ensuring lid is on secure and shake until well mixed.
8. Serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment