Sunday, March 11, 2012

Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Taco's

Ok, I only have two seconds but I wanted to share my new concoction with the world!  And it's possible that this already exists, but I've never heard of it before so I'm claiming this as an original recipe.  I was thinking of Auntie Mar's chicken and loving it but thinking about all of the fat and calories that comes with using French dressing.  So at the grocery store this week, I was looking for something similar but a whole lot less calories, and I came up with a brilliant idea!  I have a taco salad recipe that calls for Catalina dressing to be poured over top, which gave me the idea of combining these ingredients....

Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Taco's
1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/2 bottle Kraft Calorie Wise Catalina Salad dressing
1/2 package taco seasoning (I used Epicure's taco seasoning pkg)
1/2 cup water
1 cup prepared rice

Mix dressing with taco seasoning and water in slow cooker.  Add the chicken, turning to coat.  Cook on low for 8 hours.  Once cooked, using two forks, pull apart the chicken thighs.  (This should be very easy and the chicken will just fall apart.)  Add the rice to the chicken mixture, stir, and serve in a soft tortilla shell with grated cheese, lettuce, and diced tomato.

**black beans would also go good with this!

I hope you enjoy this recipe -- we sure did.  (Even Gray loved it!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment