Monday, April 9, 2012

Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes

The world may have already known about this but I just figured it out!  Welcome, Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes!  Mike is not a fan of cauliflower in the best of times (drizzled with cheese) so I wasn't sure how this dish was going to go over.  Have no fear - he loved it and was so impressed that he couldn't even taste the veggies!  As did Gray, as he's a huge fan of mashed potatoes and didn't bat an eye when he ate this.  I can't remember where I got the idea for this but I literally treated this dish like I was making plain old mashed potatoes!

Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes  
4-5 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 head of cauliflower, washed and cut up into chunks
2 TBSP butter
2 TBSP olive oil
S&P to taste
garlic powder to taste
3/4 cup grated cheddar

Boil potatoes and cauliflower in a big pot until both are fork tender.  Drain the water, add the rest of the ingredients (except cheese) and mash until smooth.  Give this a good final whip to make sure you have all the lumps out.  Add the grated cheese and stir to combine.  Cover until ready to serve.  Serve to your family and don't tell them that they are eating vegetables!!!

*My recipe is enough to feed a family of 4-6!  Cut this recipe in half if you have nobody else to feed and hate leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment