Thursday, May 13, 2010

Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry

I had a bunch of fresh veggies to use up, so did what any practical person would do and threw them all into one big pan and fried em up!! The results were delicious but it was so easy. I should make stir fry's more often as they are chalk full of vitamins and the vegetables taste better than when they're on their own (my opinion only - I'm not very fond of veggies).

Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
Chop up half an onion, put it in a large frying pan or wok and fry it with some canola oil with a bit of salt to make it sweat.
Add 1/2 tsp of crushed garlic
Wash and chop up all the veggies you need to use up in your fridge, I used:
1/3 lg cabbage
3 carrots
2 celery stalks with leaves
1/2 head of cawliflower
whole head of broccoli
Add 1/2 cup of chicken broth to help steam the veggies
then add 1/4 cup of soya sauce
1/2 tsp (or more if you like) of ginger
1/2 tsp of pepper

Let simmer until your desired doneness of the veggies and serve with your favorite rice. I used an Uncle Ben's gourmet rice with a mix of white and wild with vegetable seasoning flavor and it was so yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment