Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lasagna

You always need a good lasagna recipe and this one is easy and delicious. By using the oven ready noodles, it takes out a lot of the prep time! I throw spinach into my lasagna to add more veggies where you can't taste them! (I'm always trying to fool myself into eating more veggies than I think I am - I have to force myself to eat them!)

Lasagna
1/2 chopped onion
1-2 lbs ground beef
1/2-1 jar tomato pasta sauce
1/2 cup water
oregano, garlic, s&p, parsley
9-12 oven ready lasagna noodles
a bunch of chopped spinach, stems removed
500ml cottage cheese
grated mozzarella, divided

Brown ground beef and onion, stir in tomato sauce and water to make it really watery. Add spices. In a separate bowl, mix together cottage cheese, spinach, and half of the mozza cheese.
In a 9x13 pan, layers as follows:
1/3 of beef mixture
3-4 lasagna noodles
1/2 of cottage cheese/spinach mix
1/3 of beef mixture
3-4 lasagna noodles
rest of the cottage cheese/spinach mix
3-4 lasagna noodles
Rest of the beef mix
Top with remaining mozza cheese

Cover and bake at 350 for 45-50 min, removing the cover in the last 10 min of baking.
Let stand 10 min before serving and cutting

*Sauce is watery so that the noodles will soften and soak up the extra moisture.


No comments:

Post a Comment