Friday, February 18, 2011

Amanda's Spaghetti Pie

I got this recipe from my friend Amanda in November of 2009 and somehow it got lost in my facebook inbox and I didn't stumble across it until over a year later! It was absolutely delicious and super easy, especially since I had cooked extra spaghetti the night before! I also used pasta sauce instead of making my own, which was super convenient. I really look forward to making this again!! A side ceasar salad really complimented it well, and as an afterthought, garlic toast would have been delish!

Amanda's Spaghetti Pie
Crust:
1 300g box of spaghetti
3L boiling water
2 eggs
1/3 c Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp oil
2 tsp. salt
2Tbsp butter

Filling:
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 cup cottage cheese
1 Tbsp oil
1lb beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 can diced tomatoes
5 1/2 oz can tomato paste
1 tsp white sugar
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tasp garlic powder

Crust:
Cook spaghetti in boiling water with oil and salt until tender but firm (~11-13min). Drain. Add eggs, cheese, butter and mix well. Shape into crust in greased pie plates

Filling:
spread cottage cheese over bottom of crust. Fry hamburger, onion and green pepper. Add tomatoes and tomato paste, sugar, oregano, salt and garlic powder (boil off excess water, if any). Mix together and pour over cottage cheese. Bake uncovered @ 350 F for 30 mins. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and bake for another 5 mins more. Freeze or serve and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment