Saturday, November 12, 2011

Open Faced Turkey Sandwich with Garlic Aioli

Grayson Shark Halloween/2011
 Hi everyone!!  Wow - I can't believe it's the middle of November already!  My little boy turns one tomorrow!

New updates on our life:
-Grayson is walking!
-I got a new job! I am now working in the College of Nursing at the University of Saskatchewan as the newest Clinical Placement Coordinator!  (Yay for no more shift work or nights!)
-Grayson started daycare last week
-Mike successfully went hunting white tail for the first time.  We have the tenderloin in the fridge, ready for tomorrow nights supper!

 This fall has just flown by and I haven't been able to keep up with my blog.  I have been keeping track of different recipes that I've tried or new twists on old recipes.  As much as I like my new recipes that I try, there's nothing like a good old comfort recipe to satisfy your cravings.  After Thanksgiving, we were lucky enough to have some turkey leftovers sent home with us from my MIL and some fresh garden tomatoes from my mom.  Mike and I were both starving one night and we wanted something quick, so I whipped up these yummy open faced turkey sandwiches, and they were a total hit!  You might ask why I am putting something as simple as a sandwich in my blog, as I asked myself that same question.  I guess the answer would be because sometimes you just don't know what to do with those turkey leftovers!

Open Faced Turkey Sandwiches with Garlic Aioli

4 slices of bread, toasted (I use Alsask bread from Family Bakery - a multigrain type bread)
1/3 cup mayo
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 clove garlic, minced (or more if you prefer!)
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 large tomatoes, sliced
1 cup leftover turkey
1/2 cup grated cheese (I like using old cheddar as it gives it more cheesy flavor!)

Preheat oven to broil.  Mix mayo, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper together.  Spread on each slice of toast.  Top with tomatoes, turkey, and grated cheese.  Broil for 3-5 minutes, watching closely so it doesn't burn!




No comments:

Post a Comment