Thursday, August 26, 2010

Egg Drop Soup

The soup course for our meal was the easiest and quickest soup I've ever made. I found this recipe last night and couldn't believe how easy it sounds. And using ingredients that I have on hand makes it super economical and did I mention how quick it was? Egg drop soup is just as it sounds, soup that you drop eggs into, which makes it look like thin little ribbons in the soup.
It tastes distinctly Asian with the soy sauce, but it is msg and gluten free. All you need is soya sauce, chicken stock, green onions, ginger, eggs, cornstarch, and the recipe calls for mushrooms, but I conveniently left them out as I don't care for them! Seriously, this was ready in 10 minutes including prep time!
The link to the recipe direct from the SimplyRecipes website: Egg Drop Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment