Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chicken Lemon Rice Soup

This soup is to die for! I go through soup phases and throw anything and everything into a soup. I love lemony soups, and hearty soups, and light soups, and well.. any kind of soup really. I got the recipe for this soup from Andrea, a girl I went through nursing school with. In trade for my broccoli & cheese soup that is, which will come up in another post I'm sure. Oooh and baked potato soup is also yummy. Hey - I just got an idea. Spanikopita soup!! YUMMM Alright, I HAVE to try it. I'll keep you guys posted! Anyways, here's the recipe I'm supposed to be talking about!

Chicken Lemon Rice Soup
1 TBSP butter or marg
1 TBSP flour
8 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 eggs
Dash of tabasco sauce or other pepper sauce
1/2 cup rice
S&P
1 TBSP dill

** I call this Chicken Lemon Rice Soup because I usually throw in leftover chicken cut up into bite sized pieces when I add the rice**

Melt butter, stir in flour & cook for 2 min, not browning. Whisk in stock, bring to a boil & add rice & cook for 20 min (simmer), add lemon juice. In bowl, beat eggs. Whisk in about 1 cup of the hot soup, whisk back into saucepan & add hot pepper sauce, dill, salt & pepper.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!!! This is my absolute favorite soup in the whole world! I make Barb make it for me every time I go see her!!!! Bestest soup EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was unremarkable. epic.

    ReplyDelete