Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hamby Cabbage Soup

So I have been feeling like crud lately... well it seems like forever, but I assure you it's been just a week and a day (so far)... so I haven't been blogging. I attempted work yesterday, and before I got sent home, one of my coworkers encouraged me to blog more as that might make me feel a bit better and pass by some of the boredom. Well Tam, I heeded your advice and here I am. So generally I would have blogged the chicken rice soup in this blog, since that's sicky comfort food at its finest. However, since that's already done, I'll go to my next favorite soup- Hamby Cabbage Soup. This soup is so fragrant and delicious that my mouth is watering for it right now. PLUS, it is chalk full of vitamins! However, I can think of three good reasons not to make this... I don't have any cabbage, it might interfere with my nap time, and Mike's out of town with work, so I'd have to eat the whole thing.

Hamby Cabbage Soup
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 med onion, diced (I always use my Pampered Chef Food Chopper)
1/2 cabbage chopped
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup sliced celery and leafs
1 small tin tomato paste with herb and spice
1 large can diced tomatoes
3 TBSP beef broth bath mixed with boiling water in large tomato can
1 TBSP Garlic Powder
3-4 tsp sugar
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
Bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp dill

Fry up ground beef and onion in large soup pot. Strain and rinse once cooked. Add all ingredients to pot. Add 2-3 more cans of water using the large tomato can. Simmer for atleast 2 hours. Remove bay leaf and serve with Family Bakery Dinner Buns!


No comments:

Post a Comment