Thursday, April 15, 2010

Beef Pot Roast with Really Good Gravy

I have infinite love for my slow cooker. It takes zero effort to make a fabulous meal that everyone will rave about for minutes to hours to days (depending on how good of a food memory these people have). But seriously, meat + slowcooker = tender melt in your mouth yet fully cooked heaven. I found a recipe on canadianliving.com (of course) for beef pot roast with really good gravy - and this is the kicker. I kid you not, this recipe exists with this exact title. I've made it exactly as the Beef Pot Roast with Really Good Gravy recipe says to and I've also made quick and easy substitutions.

Here's how to make this recipe even quicker and easier... instead of slicing up all the onions yourself, use some Liptons Onion Soup Mix! (EASY!) and instead of spending all your time chopping up garlic and then having your hands reek of garlic, add a couple teaspoons of pre-diced garlic from a little jar (QUICK!). Don't have fresh parsley on hand? Use dried - seriously, who cares??

But I do have to say, the gravy is not just really good, it's delicious. So make sure you make a ton of mashed potatoes to use up that gravy with! Then again, when have you ever had 'not enough' mashed potatoes. If you cook anything like me, there's enough for a football team plus leftovers - yup, I turned out just like my mother. OR, you could toss some leftover gravy in the freezer for some yummy poutine at a later date). mmmmm.. that reminds me, must start poutine club....

No comments:

Post a Comment