Monday, April 12, 2010

Lemon Cream Sauce Made Over

So last week I posted the delicious recipe for Fettucine in Lemon Cream Sauce. Well I didn't have any whipping cream in the fridge, but as always, I have an ample stock of cream cheese, therefore came up with my own slightly healthier version (or atleast I'm pretending it is :P).

Shawna's Lemon Cream Sauce
250g tub of spreadable 95% fat free cream cheese
3-4 capfulls lemon juice (depends on how strong you want the lemony flavour)
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup grated parm
salt and pepper
sprinkle of dill *optional

Melt cream cheese in sauce pan on stove, add milk to thin (can add more if you like a thinner sauce), add the rest of the ingredients and let simmer for a couple minutes until your pasta is ready. I like to add a bit of margarine to my pasta before adding the sauce, just so it mixes easier. Add sauce to pasta, stirring to evenly coat and serve in warm pasta dishes! Can top with some extra parm or some grated old cheddar. Super easy and delicious!

Serve this with a salad and you have dinner for four!




No comments:

Post a Comment