Thursday, February 18, 2010

White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins

These are an old gem that I've been making since first year university - yep that's all the way back in '02! Under the very positive influence of my housemates, who were all older and wiser than me, I suddenly desired to bake! This is Allison's recipe I believe. (*Side note: When I went to look at the room to rent, I didn't look close enough at the posting and I guess they were looking for a grad student - woops!) So as I was house hunting, a good friend of mine, Mike, came to look with me. It took him a few minutes to realize why everything looked so familiar - he lived in the apartment right next door! After I moved in, Mike would continually harass me with stories of dead girls being buried under the floor boards in my room.

White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 egg
4 tsp* baking powder
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup grated white chocolate (I used white choc chips)
1 cup fresh/frozen raspberries
Topping: 2 TBSP brown sugar mixed with 1/8 tsp cinnamon

Heat oven to 375 degress F. Grease and flour muffin tin. In large mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter. Then add egg and mix well.

In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add this to the creamed mixture alternatively with whipping cream.

Stir in vanilla and almond extracts, and the white chocolate. Gently fold in raspberries.
Fill prepared muffin tins 2/3 full. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over muffins.
Bake for 18-20 min or until muffins test done.

Made these last week but they were all gone before I could take a pic! This recipe only makes a dozen, so it's easy to double!

5 comments:

  1. I've use a cup of milk in substitution of the whipping cream before, they're not as rich but they still turn out fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it really 4 tablespoons of baking powder in this recipe???

    ReplyDelete
  3. shoot! I just double checked the recipe and it's 4 tsp. Phew, good catch Kelly! Sorry! *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was my mom who caught it! I was telling her about the recipe and she said "Hmm...that seems like a lot considering there's only 2 cups of flour". I know very little about measurements!!! I want to make these soon...I'll let you know how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete