Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dutch Baby

Alright, so I was drawn to this recipe because of the name. I mean who wouldn't want to eat a Dutch Baby? Anyways, I got this recipe from the Canadian Living Website and made it this morning. It was very unique - reminded me of the crust of impossible pie that my mom used to make! Mike and I really enjoyed them!

Dutch Baby
4 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
butter or margarine to grease pan
4 lemon wedges
2 tsp icing sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease two round cake pans.
In a blender or food processor, mix the eggs, flour, and milk till smooth. When the oven has reached 400, place greased cake pans in oven until the marg/butter starts to bubble. Then pour half of the mixture into each cake pan.

Bake at 400 deg F for about 15 minutes or until really puffed up and edges are browned.

Quickly invert onto plates, squeeze lemon and top with icing sugar.

4 comments:

  1. I think I am going to have to try this one! Seriously, Shawna Beans, I am going to be 500lbs from reading this blog alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I have ALWAYS wanted to eat a Dutch baby!! Get in my belly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I just wanted to let you know that I made this for special dinner guests the other night. They were driving from Fort St. John to Nova Scotia (friends of our who live in NS and were moving back). And it the dutch baby was delicious!! and SO easy to make too. And I am proud to say that my dutch babies turned out looking just like your dutch babies :) Yay me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second the above... these things are "awweesommmmeeee" (in high pitched excited voice).

    ReplyDelete