Sunday, April 3, 2011

BBQ Pork Tenderloin and Greek Pork Loin Ribs

Wow. I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted. I've been cooking a lot, and taking pictures of some things, but just haven't got them on here! Anyways, I came across a huge deal on pork tenderloin and pork loin ribs at Sobey's a couple weeks ago and ended up buying a couple of each. Like seriously, it was $1.99/lb. Can't beat that price! I made the pork tenderloin a couple weeks ago and it was so good I made the exact same recipe this past weekend too for the in-laws. I use Mike's favorite BBQ sauce so of course HE loves it! And it was actually pretty quick to cook too. I served it with quinoa (loaded up on quinoa at costco!) and a salad with fresh pineapple.

BBQ Pork Tenderloin
*On most of the websites, it said to tie the pork tenderloin together for even cooking. But I didn't and it turned out fine.
2-3lbs pork tenderloin
salt and pepper
Your favorite BBQ sauce recipe or store bought sauce. I used President's Choice Smokin' Stampede Beer & Chipotle BBQ sauce

Season the tenderloin with the salt and pepper and sear all sides in a hot pan with a little bit of oil. Spray a roaster with pam and then put a generous amount of bbq sauce on the bottom, add a little bit of water to thin if desired. Place the seared pork directly on top of the sauce and then cover with a bunch more bbq sauce. Cook at 450 degrees for 45 minutes, basting every 15 minutes. If sauce is getting too thick, thin with a bit of water. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.

Greek Pork Loin Ribs
Boil 2 racks pork loin ribs (or whatever other ribs you have) in large pot on stove for 45 min- 1 hour or until meat is super tender and starts falling off the bone. Put in large roaster and season with generous amounts of oregano, lemon juice, and garlic powder (or greek seasoning if you have it). Broil in oven until you're too hungry to wait any longer, or about 25 minutes, flipping half way through. (be sure to season both sides). Mike said they were even better the next day!

1 comment:

  1. That BBQ pork is mouth-watering! Now I have another idea to eat this weekend ;) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete