Saturday, April 9, 2011

White "Enchilada's"

I have my girlfriends shower today. Last night I
was making up a batch of Broccoli and Chicken
Divan , and decided to cook up a bunch of extra chicken meat for our supper too. Since we just had this not long ago, I didn't want to make the same thing for us, so I decided to be inventive. So I decided to look in my pantry, see what I had and get cooking.

I saw tortilla shells so I'm thinking I'll make some kind of taco style thing. Check my supply, yep, taco seasoning in stock. Because of the white chicken meat and white tortilla shells, I'm inspired and decide to add everything else white!! So I add sour cream to make the sauce. Then I'm thinking that I need to mix more in to give it more filling and more staying power. Digging through my pantry I come across white kidney beans -- perfect!!! Okay, okay.. need a binding
starch in the mix...... rice of course!! I really wish I would have had some type of pure white cheese on hand to complete the effect, but they still tasted delicious.

White "Enchilada's"
3 cups cubed skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 can white kidney beans, rinsed
2 cups sour cream
1 cup rice, uncooked
1 pkg taco seasoning
8 flour tortilla's
1 cup grated cheese to top

In large, deep skillet, cook chicken with some italian
salad dressing (I always do this instead of adding oil when I'm cooking chicken on the stovetop!) until thoroughly cooked and no
pink left inside, about 15 minutes. While this is cooking, cook your rice according to package directions. Add sour cream, taco seasoning and white beans to chicken mixture. Once rice is cooked, add to chicken mixture and stir. Grease 9x13 dish (or can use two square dishes and freeze one for later!). Heat tortilla's in the microwave for 25 seconds so they are more flexible and less likely to break. Fill tortilla with chicken mixture, roll, and place in dish seam side down. After doing this for all 8 tortilla shells, top with grated cheese and bake in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted nicely!

*white cheese options to grate on top : mozzarella, white cheddar, fontina, or gruyere to name a few!!

No comments:

Post a Comment