Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chicken and Broccoli Divan

A couple of my girlfriends hosted a 'Bun in the Oven' Shower for me before my son was born. It was fantastic as they had organized for everyone to bring a dish to pop in the freezer and include the recipe. It was the absolute BEST thing, as after Gray was born the last thing I had time/wanted to do was prepare meals. One of my favorites was Daryl's contribution of Chicken and Broccoli Divan. I made this the other day and it was so easy and delicious. Since I made it, both my mom and my MIL have made it, with rave reviews.

I doubled the recipe as I always feel the need to cook as if a football team is coming over for supper. I used one can of cream of chicken and one can of cream of broccoli and it was delicious. My mom used two cream of mushroom and said it was too strong of a mushroom flavor. You can really put whichever soup you want, depending on your taste and what you have on hand. Also, I added WAY more breadcrumbs, and next time I'd add even more as the soup soaked up a lot of it.

You can find the recipe for Chicken and Broccoli Divan here, which is on the Campbell's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment